Want to know about wallpapers?
They are completely ergonomic and aesthetic interior decoration options when it comes to a home or office. From cartoons, abstract designs, to beautiful landscapes & motivational thoughts; you can choose from a myriad of options. Wallpapers add a bit more color and vibrancy to walls for a quirky look and feel to any space.
Wallpaper is like a shot of Botox for a tired-looking room. Sure, the paint will perk it up, but paper adds more than just color; it gives walls character, dimension, and pattern.
Here are a few to consider if you’re going the wallpaper way!
1) Size of the room and number of walls – The bigger the size of the room, the more options one can go for. Experiment with different colors, patterns, and textures on different walls.
2) Furniture – The darker the shade of your furniture, the lighter should be the wallpaper. Go for simple and elegant designs. If you want prints, go for white or beige floral designs.
3) Lighting fixtures and fans – If interior décor is antique-themed, modern wallpapers won’t go well with them when it comes to look and feel. Look for wallpapers that share the same aesthetics as your room decor. You can buy wallpapers based on the lampshades, tables, chairs, and other furniture in the room. Take accurate measurements of your walls, length, and breadth-wise, before buying the wallpaper. The usage of LED Lights and lamps is increasing, so homeowners are making a shift from conventional lighting like CFL and tube lights to white LEDs. The white light gets reflected back into a much more vibrant tint from the wallpaper.
Ensure you keep these things in mind!
- Measure your walls and multiply the height by the width of each wall in feet
- Add measurements of every wall to get the total square foot coverage
- Subtract all windows and doors
- Examine the roll label for square foot coverage provided by the manufacturer and make sure it is more than your total wall area
- Buy an extra roll just to make sure you have enough. In case of a goof-up, it is better to have an extra roll that can be returned later, if not used.
Enjoy wallpaper hunting!