Is east-facing property lucky according to Vastu? Let’s find out
Buying a property in India is a long and tedious process, often accompanied by Vastu considerations. Although Vastu Shastra experts say that all directions are equally good, several myths prevail on the subject. For example, a south or west-facing property is considered less favorable for owners, whereas an east-facing property is believed to be luckier for the residents. Sometimes, people are ready to pay extra for Vastu-compliant homes. However, is it worth it? Let us find out.
What is an east-facing house?
If you are inside the house, in front of the entrance door, it is the direction you face while coming out of your home. If you face east while exiting the home, you have an east-facing house.
Are east-facing houses good?
It is often believed that the houses that are more spacious in the east, are blessed with more fortune and luck. Homes that are broad and at a lower level in the east than other directions are considered luckiest.
Vastu for east-facing property
According to Vastu Shastra guidelines, east-facing properties are believed to be good for buildings and multi-storey apartments. However, for independent houses and bungalows, this direction is not counted amongst the best choices. Also, there are certain Vastu rules, guidelines, and principles that have to be followed when it comes to Vastu for an east-facing property.
Vastu for east-facing main door
If you have an east-facing home, take caution while placing the main door entrance. Always ensure that your entrance is exactly in the middle and not in the south-east or north-east, as these two corners are considered unlucky for placing the main door in the east-facing property, according to Vastu.
If your entrance is in the north-east corner, make sure the main door does not touch the north-east corner. For this, you can leave at least 6 inches (1/2 ft) gap between the wall and the main door.
If you have a south-east facing main entrance, follow these remedies to nullify the Vastu dosha:
- Place three Vastu pyramids, one on each side of the door and the third one on the top of the main door, in the center.
- You can also place the symbol of Om, Swastik, and Trishul, on both sides of the door.
- Install a Siddha Shukra Yantra for eliminating negative energy from the home.
- Alternatively, you can also use a Siddha Vastu Kalash, to amplify the positive energy generated in this part of the corner.
East-facing house Vastu plan if you are planning to construct an east-facing house, it is important that you adhere to a Vastu-compliant house plan, to ensure the flow of positive energy inside the home. You can also consult with an architect or a planner, who can come up with a customized east-facing Vastu house plan, as per your requirements.
The above house plan is for the east-facing house. It has been divided into nine padas from north to south.
Here are some other facts that you should keep in mind when planning the construction:
- Place the main doors in the fifth pada, if your home is east-facing. It attracts respect, fame, and recognition. If the fifth pada is small, you can also use the third, fourth, sixth, or seventh padas.
- Avoid the first, second, eighth, and ninth padas for planning the main door here.
Dos and don’ts for east-facing house
- Walls in the north and east directions should be slightly shorter and thinner than those in the south and west.
- The kitchen should be planned in the south-east or north-west direction.
- Plan your kitchen in a way that you face east (in a south-east kitchen) or west (in a north-west kitchen), while cooking.
- The pooja room and living room in the north-east direction, are considered very auspicious.
- You can plan the guest room in the north-west direction.
- A plot that slopes from south to north is considered good.
- A master bedroom in the south-west direction is considered the best.
- There should be no bedrooms, toilets, and septic tanks in the north-east corner.
- There should be no kitchen in the north-east corner.
- There should be no big trees in the northern and eastern side of the house
- There should be no clutter, dirt, dustbins, etc., in the north and north-east corner.
- Leave more open space in the eastern and northern side of the house.
- The boundary wall should be higher in the southern and western side of the plot.
- Avoid buying property, which is attached to the land in the south or west direction.
- Consider a property that has a plot attached to it in the northern direction, as it is considered lucky and brings prosperity and fortune.
- If there is any student in the house, keep a crystal globe in the north-east zone.
- Purify the home with mountain salt twice a week, to boost energetic vibes.
Who are suitable for east-facing houses?
As per Vastu consultants, every home is unique, just like individuals. Not every home suits everyone. In an east-facing house, the Sun is the dominant object and relates to jobs that have authority, power, and elegance. The east direction also represents air, agility, creativity, focus, and protection. East-facing homes are ideal for people who are in government offices or have businesses. Other than this, east-facing homes are good for creative professionals, such as artists, musicians, and dancers.
Wall colors for east-facing rooms
When decorating an east-facing room, remember that it will have a lot of natural light in the morning and you may have to use artificial light later in the day, as the afternoons will be comparatively cooler. Before selecting the paint color for your east-facing room, try and visualize the color in natural, as well as artificial light.
Usually, blue and green are popular choices, for painting east-facing rooms. Blue with a very light grey tint can make your room look cooler while light green and aqua shades can imbibe freshness in the space. If you are looking for neutral tones, white and light pink are the best options available.
Common Vastu defects in east-facing house
- If you are facing difficulty in getting recognition or facing health issues or strained relationships within the family, there could be some negative energy in the east direction. This could be due to the presence of stairs, bathrooms, or kitchens in the eastern direction.
- Another common Vastu defect is doors facing east and opening outward. Also, according to Vastu, the total number of doors should not be odd and the count should not end with a zero.
- Too much clutter in the eastern direction also brings negative energy. Homeowners should keep east-facing homes ventilated and airy.